Sales assistants are responsible for liaising with customers in order to ensure a transaction goes smoothly. They are expected to help customers choose between the company’s array of goods and services, process payments and maintain a high level of customer service. Their tasks include:
- Advising & serving customers.
- Processing payments.
- Assisting customers in order to help them find what they need.
- Providing customers with information on pricing and product availability.
- Maintains promotional database by inputting invoice and bill-back data.
- Handling customer complaints or handing customers on to management.
- Maintains customer database by inputting customer profile and updates.